activemq-users mailing list archives

From j0llyr0g3r <timo.roess...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject 2 questions about: activemq-cpp, activemq and jboss messaging
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:33:29 GMT

Hey folks,

scince i am quite new to jboss / jms i hope somebody can redeem me from my
current confusion......:-)

1.) I have been reading for hours now, but still i don't know wether it is
possible to use the activemq-cpp client together with the jboss-messaging.

>From what i read so far i conclude:

- activemq-cpp only understands the protocols "openwire" and "stomp"
- but reading through the jboss-documentation i couldn't figure out which
protocol Jboss Messaging is using. I read the official documentation from
here:

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.3.0.GA/html_single/index.html

but the used protocol is not mentioned at all?!

So to cut it short: Which protocol is Jboss Messaging using and can i use
Jboss Messaging together with the activemq-cpp client?

2.) I read in the activemq-manual that activemq itself doesn't support
encryption.

So the only way to use encryption is to encrypt messages before they are
sent and to hand them over to activemq, right?

So, my question is:

If i use Jboss + activemq + encryption, is this integration of encryption
seamless?

By seamless i mean: Do i have to implement adaptor-layers between jboss ->
encryption -> activemq or integrates activemq into jboss in the same way as
if i would use jboss-messaging?

As far as i can tell, i would suppose that using jboss + jboss-messaging
interacts more smoothly together (meaning that i would not have to implement
anything at all, just configure and that's it), but - due to my dangerous
smattering - i'm not sure at all.........

Thx for all clarifications guys!