activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to manage romoter broker with activemq-web-console?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 14:20:12 GMT
On 5/16/07, Mario Siegenthaler <mario.siegenthaler@gmail.com> wrote:
> The current subversion head does not support this, however I've
> written a patch allowing this. Check AMQ-1241
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1241 for the attached
> patch against the current head.
>
> Greetings
> Mario
>
> PS: has anybody reviewed the patch?

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Its taken me a while to get
the time to apply the patch and then get everything working again :).

Firstly many thanks for this great patch! I've added you to the team
page as your patch is surely worthy...
http://cwiki.apache.org/ACTIVEMQ/team.html

I made a couple of changes. e.g. I stuck with commons-logging in the
classes in activemq-web rather than the org.slf4j stuff to avoid a
classloader issue I was hitting. Also I kept the current default
behaviour by default, to boot up an embedded broker. (So added a
webconsole-embedded.xml) which avoids the dependency on jmx or a
remote/invm broker.

However all the stuff you added to run invm, properties or jndi based
is all there. Could you try out my application of your patch and see
if things still work for you as you expected? There's a chance I've
messed something up.

BTW the assembly (distro) now works too; where the broker boots up an
embedded jetty with the web console inside it etc

--
James
-------