activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: auto starting a consumer
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 14:10:50 GMT
On 5/23/07, Doug Bryant <doug@netinlet.com> wrote:
> I have an application which is 100% ruby right now.  A requirement has
> arisen to in which I need to make use of existing java libraries.
>
> The simplest and most obvious solution (to me, anyway) is to communicate
> with activemq via stomp with ruby and have the java class consuming on the
> proper queue.
>
> Is there a way to autostart a listener when activemq starts or do have to do
> something like embed activemq inside tomcat and control deployments within
> tomcat?  Any other recommendations.

The simplest approach would be to run the listener inside the same JVM
as the ActiveMQ broker. You can do that in various ways; using the
activemq shell script (and just add your spring configuration to
activemq.xml for your listener), or create a WAR and use tomcat.

http://activemq.apache.org/run-broker.html

--
James
-------