activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [camel]
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 13:20:14 GMT
On 5/22/07, dr.jeff <jlansing@systechnologies.com> wrote:
> What is the relation of Camel to ServiceMix-EIP?
> Is one somehow the historical ancestor of the other?
> Or are they intended to be equivalent functionality, but in different
> settings?

ServiceMix EIP was the ancestor; they both do similar things. The main
difference with ServiceMix EIP is its inttegrated into the existing
ServiceMix XBean XML stuff; whereas Camel has more EIP coverage and
can be used outside of JBI (e.g. just with pure JMS or MINA)...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

Also Camel supports Java or XML configuration. We should probably
integrate Camel into ServiceMix as the preferred EIP solution and
consider deprecating (or at least merging) the ServiceMix EIP
functionality.

--
James
-------