activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared File System Master Slave with OCFS
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 08:47:55 GMT
On 5/17/07, felipera <foliveira@livedatagroup.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to setup two MQ Servers (4.1.1), sharing the same data directory
> (I tried Derby and Kaha), on top of OCFS, but the locking doesn't seem to be
> working. It works fine when both MQs are running on the same server (still
> using OCFS). I see the second MQ waiting for the lock to be released
> ("Journal is locked... waiting 10 seconds for the journal to be unlocked.").
> That's why I am not sure if it's a OCFS issue. But when I run each MQ in
> separate boxes (still sharing the same data directory using OCFS) it doesn't
> work, they both start successfully.

This is the OCFS you're talking about right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCFS2

I guess the file locking isn't working from Java. I wonder how to use
file locking properly on OCFS.

> I am thinking about using a network of brokers, since I don't know what else
> to try.

If you want clustering & replicated message stores you could try one
of the other Master/Slave implementations.
http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html

FWIW Networks of Brokers is for store and forward of messages only;
messages are never replicated in multiple locations with networks of
brokers.

--
James
-------