activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Activemq - out of memory problem
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 15:18:50 GMT
On 5/11/07, fiwolfa <> wrote:
> Hi
> I use activemq inside servicemix 3.1 with mysql 5.0 (memor for servicemix is
> set to 1GB). I set usageMemory limit to 128 MB and my messages are about 2mb
> big. I put to my app many messages at the same time, about 25, they work
> without any problem for few minutes but after that i get error:
> ActiveMQMessage | error dispatchig message: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
> heap space
> What can be the reason of that? I uploaded two config files activemq.xml and
> tx.xml
> Please help

Some background....

I'd set your prefetch to something pretty small (say 2) if you are
using such big messages (since by default the JMS client will keep in
RAM a few thousand messages). Also run the ActiveMQ broker in a
separate JVM then you know which JVM is actually running out of memory

View raw message