activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover blocks send
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 15:16:54 GMT
On 5/8/07, Dingwen Yuan <pdvyuan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have used a failover url to configure my JMS client, such as this "failover:(tcp://127.0.0.1:61616)?jms.useAsyncSend=true".
But when the JMS broker is down and the client is trying to connect to the broker, all send
to topics or queues just get blocked. Why should I do if I want only to get an exception instead
of a blocking.

If you want an exception, don't use failover; then you can manually
re-create connections/sessions etc. Or use the TransportListener to
get notified of the exceptions which occur on a transport

--
James
-------