activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [camel] using camel spring container
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 11:42:14 GMT
On 5/3/07, dr.jeff <jlansing@systechnologies.com> wrote:

>   <camelContext id="camel"
> xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/camel-1.0.xsd">
>     <endpoint id="endpoint1" uri="mock:endpoint1"/>
>     <routes>
>     </routes>
>   </camelContext>
>
> This looks good, but how do I use it?
>
> I've tried things like:
>
> <from uri="endpoint1"/> and <from uri="#endpoint1"/> and <from
> endpoint="endpoint1"/> and <from endpoint="#endpoint1/>, but all of them
> fail, mostly for different reasons (eg. #endpoint1 is not an NMTOKEN).
>
> Surely it's obvious, but I'm missing it?

Ah I'd not done that bit yet :) I'd done it so that you can refer to
Endpoint instances as bean references inside a spring <property
name="foo" ref="someName"/>.

I've just implemented this so that now the <from> and <to> can be used
with the references

<from uri="theURI"/> or <from ref="theReference"/>

I've added a test case to show it in action...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/camel-spring/src/test/resources/org/apache/camel/spring/endpointReference.xml

Along the way I also removed the unnecesary <routes> element, so a
context can look like

<camelContext>
  <endpoint ... />
  <endpoint ... />

  <route ... />
  <route ... />
</camelContext>

So you'll wanna so an 'svn up' of all of camel and try the new xsd etc.

--
James
-------