activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Perez" <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Server push streaming from ActiveMQ with NIO
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 14:32:38 GMT
Hi lads,

Is there a way to support NIO from ActiveMQ?

I'm trying to do server push data streaming to a desktop Java application
but I always reach the thread-per connection constraint in the server side
so the maximum number of concurrent sessions that I can spawn is just the OS
limit 1000, 2000, whatever. This suggests me that ActiveMQ doesn't use a NIO
connector but perhaps (and probably) there is some workaround.

I've seen also that ActiveMQ supports the comet paradigm and well, more less
that is what I'm looking for, because instead of using the normal tcp
connector I would like to use the http connecto to bypass firewalls.
However, for what I've seen in the docs it seems that the AjaxServlet
feature is quite tied to ... AJAX so it seems quite usable but only from
Javascript code and not from a Japa API doing http tunnelling. Is this my
assumption correct?

Kind regards,
Martin