activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating network brokers
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:03:03 GMT
On 5/23/07, Vinod_mit <vinu.mm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi friend,
> iam trying to create two net work of brokers, one located in system and
> another in another
> system, iam trying to test the application but it is not working.can any one
> help me how to do this with an
> example like this.
>
> broker 1.
>                 <transportConnectors>
>                         <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>                     </transportConnectors>
>
>                 <networkConnectors>
>
>         <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
> uri="static://(failover(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61616))"/>
>                 </networkConnectors>
>
> in broker 2 i have like this in another system
>
>                 <transportConnectors>
>                         <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>                     </transportConnectors>
>
>                 <networkConnectors>
>
>         <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
> uri="static://(failover(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61616))"/>
>                 </networkConnectors>
>
> iam using jboss applicaation server , weather i ahve to set some information
> in ra.xml ???
> the above code is correct ??' if some thing wrong please help with a sample

If these computers are on the same subnet, the easiest way to get a
network of brokers operational within minutes is to simply use the
default configuration which uses multicast. Below are the
instructions:

1) From host one, cd into the examples directory and run 'ant
producer'. This will send 10 messages to a queue named TEST.FOO.

2) From host two, cd into the examples directory and run 'ant
consumer' This will receive the 10 messages from the queue named
TEST.FOO.

Only once this works properly would I suggest changing the
configuration to something more custom. This ensures that the network
of brokers is, in fact, working correctly before any customizations
take place.

I always use this method when setting up a new network of brokers just
to ensure that everything is OK. Two days ago I set up a new network
of brokers using the default settings and discovered a networking
issue that had to be fixed before the network of brokers would operate
correctly.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/