activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Mittler, Nathan" <nathan.mitt...@sensis.com>
Subject RE: Implementation of multithreading model on CMS ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 13:48:03 GMT
The formal JMS/CMS definition of a Session implies that each thread
would get its own session.  The ActiveMQ-CPP implementation, however,
will allow you to share a session across threads.

For consumers, it should be known that each session has a single message
dispatch thread, so a slow asynchronous consumer (one that processes
messages in the session's thread context) would slow down other
consumers of the same session.

If you plan on using synchronous consumers (via the receive method), you
should not have multiple threads calling receive() on the same consumer.

Nate