activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Lim <j...@exist.com>
Subject Re: Creating simple producer and consumer
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 00:33:16 GMT
For topics the consumer must be created first since messages are only
delivered to the available consumers at the time the broker receives the
message.

For durable subscribers you can create a  durable subscriber, kill it,
run the producer, then start the subscriber again.

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/jms/Session.html#createDurableSubscriber(javax.jms.Topic,%20java.lang.String)
http://activemq.apache.org/how-does-a-queue-compare-to-a-topic.html

Regards,
Jonas