activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <...@samplonius.org>
Subject How to password protect Web Console?
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 07:50:04 GMT

  I searched around a bit, and I can't find any examples of how to password protect the Web
Console.  I assume this is possible with JAAS, but what do I put in the <jetty> section
to make this happen?

  Also, does authorization Jetty automatically extended to queues?  I saw this bug report:

It seems to suggest that if you define authentication on a queue, the Web Console will crash
because it will not be able to query the queue anymore.

  I realize that the Web Console is new, but is it ready to use?  If queues and the Web Console
can't both be password protected at the same time, and the Web Console can still examine the
queues, it probably is not ready for my use.

Tom