activemq-users mailing list archives

From ego <erik_gol...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Kind of "consumer faliover"
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 18:15:40 GMT

You're probably true. So here is my 'real' problem.

I need a producer that publish let's say an event E1. I have 3 different
consumers, each doing a specific task with the event E1. For each consumer,
I need to find a "backup" solution if the consumer fails, i.e. to
automatically "switch" to a backup consumer so that no event is lost. The
backup consumer must act as if it were the master consumer; something like a
durable subscriber, but a subscriber that can automatically restart on
another machine with the same "identity".

No sure it's clear..............