activemq-users mailing list archives

From ender <gd_bac...@hotmail.com>
Subject Future support for message priority in ActiveMQ?
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 09:21:11 GMT

Hello,

While I’m aware that ActiveMQ currently does not support message priority, I
was wondering if there were any plans to include it in a future release?

The reason I’m asking is that we would really need a JMS implementation with
priority support for our project. I’m aware that it is possible to implement
some form of priority with message selectors, but this is not very feasible
in our case, since we our queues have a single, fixed message consumer,
which decides when it will consume the next message from the queue. The next
message should be the one with the highest priority on the queue.

Thanks,
Stein Desmet