activemq-users mailing list archives

From j0llyr0g3r <timo.roess...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject JMS C/C++ client without a java proxy
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 12:36:59 GMT

Hi folks,

i posted this issue in several other forums, but since i don't think
somebody will reply there maybe you can help me out.......

I am wondering if there is a C client for JMS which doesn't require a
java-Proxy?

I know the active-mq website, but the c/c++ client section there is really
confusing and it seems that no one takes care of it anymore:

The active-mq website suggest the following as c/c++-clients:

Quote:
It is very common for an organisation to have lots of legacy C code which
needs integration into the message bus. The current available solutions are

* use the OpenWire C Client which is only available in ActiveMQ 4.x or
later.
* we are working on the OpenWire CPP Client
* the ActiveMQ C++ Clients is currently a C++ API to Stomp, and is a
full-blown replacement for CMS for AMQ v4.0.1 and later. In the future this
will be expanded to support OpenWire as well.
* the CMS C++ client which is a C++ API to Stomp which can also be
implemented with OpenWire

* use the Stomp C Client for any version of ActiveMQ from 3.1 onwards. You
can also use Stomp from many other languages like .Net, Python, Ruby, Perl
etc.

But:

a)

Quote:
* use the OpenWire C Client which is only available in ActiveMQ 4.x or
later.

The only two links:

Quote:
You can browse the code here

http://svn.activemq.org/branches/activemq-4-0/activemq/openwire-c/

e.g. here's an example of it in use...

http://svn.activemq.org/branches/activemq-4-0/activemq/openwire-c/src/examples/

are deadlinks.

Google doesn't help as well, this project seems to be dead?

b)

Quote:
we are working on the OpenWire CPP Client

ok, nothing released yet (as far as i can tell)

c)

Quote:
the ActiveMQ C++ Clients is currently a C++ API to Stomp, and is a
full-blown replacement for CMS for AMQ v4.0.1 and later. In the future this
will be expanded to support OpenWire as well.

But if i click on the link i get redirected to

Quote:
CMS is an easy-to-use JMS 1.1-like API. Our implementation of CMS is called
ActiveMQ-CPP, the architecture for which supports pluggable transport
protocols, very much like the ActiveMQ broker itself.

So it says " it is a full replacement for CMS", but leads me directly to
CMS?
What the hack?

Furthermore - and even worse - __NOT__ a single download link is working as
well as the link to the api-docs is broken (if it ever worked)...

d)

Quote:
the CMS C++ client which is a C++ API to Stomp which can also be implemented
with OpenWire

Yeah, see c)

e)

Quote:
use the Stomp C Client for any version of ActiveMQ from 3.1 onwards. You can
also use Stomp from many other languages like .Net, Python, Ruby, Perl etc.

Almost no documentation at all.

So, in a nutshell, this whole "jms-c/c++ client" project seems to be just
dead or unusable....

Has somebody any ideas for a:

- C/C++ JMS client
- which does not need a proxy