activemq-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Baudoux <abaud...@gmail.com>
Subject Very slow message selection and recovery in journaledJDBC persistence
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 08:24:32 GMT

Hi.

I have a broker with nearly 3 millions messages persisted with
JournaledJDBC.

When I create a new consumer, with a selector such as (JMSPriority>5), the
brokers takes about 20 minutes to create the consumer. It appears that it is
scanning all the messages in the database to select the matching ones. Since
the messages are stored in a Blob there is no indexing possible, and the
database must perform a full table scan. I have implemented priority with
several consumers having different selectors (JMSPriority>5,JMSPriority>9,
...), so the crreation of each consumer is very slow.
Is there a way to index the messages properties/header, so that the
selection is much faster? Is the kaha persistence handling this kind of
problems?
Thanks in advance,
Antoine