activemq-users mailing list archives

From rjj <Rick.Jo...@directline.com>
Subject Can you delay consuming messages on a queue by the date time?
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:39:48 GMT

Hi,
Can you delay consuming messages on a queue by the date time?

I would like to place a message on a queue but not have it consumed until a
certain time in the system is reached in the future. Say for example 5 mins
into the future.

I do not want to hold onto the message for 5 mins before sending say in a
thread.sleep method and then send it for consuming. I require the message to
be already sent and placed on the queue. Until it reached it's delivery time
and then was consumed.

Is this possible with ActiveMQ?
And if so, would it require a persistent messaging store?

Thanks.