activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pandey <>
Subject Queue Recovery loads the entire data?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 00:29:07 GMT

I am using JDBCPersistence (without journaling) in my product.
There are times when :
- my broker goes down
- there are already some messages in the queue as they were not processed
- my broker comes up again and restores the queue(s)
On the third step, it seems to be executing a simple 'select id,msg from
activemq_msgs where container = ? orderby id' query to get ALL the enqueued

This results in the loading of ENTIRE Data on my VM.

IS there a way to let that NOT happen? Is there a way to make the adapter
read queue data in chunks? (maybe ... 100 messages at a time .. read the
next 100 when 90 of the first 100 have been processed) ?

Any pointers would certainly help!