activemq-users mailing list archives

From Franz Garsombke <fgarsom...@yahoo.com>
Subject Master/Slave Configuration With Non-Persistence - 2 Brokers Starting Problem
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 20:38:54 GMT

I have a situation where we want to have a non-persistent topic and run a
master/slave configuration with our brokers. The problem is that if we
define the broker as non-persistent a broker is started on each server in
our cluster. Without defining something like the jdbcPersistenceAdapter we
lose the ability to have a true master/slave relationship where one broker
is waiting to gain an exclusive lock on a database table...so they both
startup.

Is there any way to define a jdbcPersistenceAdapter (to get a true
master/slave relationship) but make our topic non-persistent?

Thanks in advance.

Franz Garsombke