activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bai Shen <nab...@cyrrin.com>
Subject Re: Creating simple producer and consumer
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 18:40:42 GMT

Bai Shen wrote:

> James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> Try looking at the queues & consumers in the broker
>> http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html
>>
>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>>

> I can see the topic in the console and the Enqueue Count shows my
> messages.  But I can't seem to receive them for some reason.

Okay, I ended up changing from a Topic to a Queue and was able to send and
receive my messages asynch.  However, I still don't quite understand the
durable part.  I've read
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-durable-queues-and-topics-work.html but
AFAIK, the PERSISTANT flag is 'sposed to be already on.  I even set it, and
I still wasn't able to get things to work.