activemq-users mailing list archives

From sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu>
Subject Please help understand the difference between these tags within the activemq.xml file
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 22:52:54 GMT

Sorry for asking so many questions but I started some mainstream development
using ActiveMQ and things just started popping up. Let's say that I want to
achieve a pure master/slave configuration.

So in my activemq.xml for the MASTER I put:

<broker brokerName="master" useJmx="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
<networkConnectors>
 <networkConnector name="Other Brokers" uri="static://(tcp://slave:61616)"
failover="true"/>
</networkConnectors>
</broker>

In my SLAVE activemq.xml file I put:

<broker brokerName="slave" masterConnectorURI="tcp://master:61616"
shutdownOnMasterFailure="false" useJmx="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
<networkConnectors>
<networkConnector name="Other Brokers" uri="static://(tcp://master:61616)"
failover="true"/>
</networkConnectors>
</broker>

I am just not sure what the difference is between those 2 directives.
(1) Why do I need the network connectors tag if I already specify the
location of the master broker in the broker directive so the slave is aware
of where the master broker resides.
(2) What is the failover attribute in the <networkConnector> tag and do I
need it?

Just not sure what I need to get this to work correctly... Maybe that is why
I am having such strange problems with this new version...