activemq-users mailing list archives

From tnine <>
Subject Re: Active MQ Integration with JBoss DataSource. JNDI Lookup fails
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 19:13:15 GMT

I would prefer to use a JBoss DS, I've never used the basic data source for
more than integration testing, and I'm not sure of the side effects of using
it in a clustered environment with a MySQL cluster with fail over and
scalability.  It seems I have a more pressing issue, if I remove the
datasource from my config, I receive the following error.

ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-rar-4.1.1.rar'
  State: FAILED
  Reason: javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapterInternalException: Failed to
startup an embedded broker: xbean:broker-config.xml, due to:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The configuration has no BrokerService
instance for resource: xbean:broker-config.xml

I have the following in my broker-config.xml, what am I missing, I can't
seem to find the issue.  It all seems fine accorind to the directions here

  <broker useJmx="true">

	<!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies. note: this xml
format may still change a bit -->

          <policyEntry topic="FOO.>">
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />

      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="activemq-data"/>
      <!-- To use a different datasource, use th following syntax : -->
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../data"

      <!-- prefixing a connector with discovery: causes the connector to be
advertiesed over rendezvous -->
      <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"

      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>