activemq-users mailing list archives

From William Blackburn <wjblackb...@mac.com>
Subject Networked brokers not restoring connections after being unplugged.plugged back into network
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 19:16:28 GMT
I am using a very simple config of embedded, networked brokers to
facilitate inter-cluster communication in my app. I am using
multicast networkConnectors as indicated in the file below.

Everything works fine until I disable the network on one node. As
expected the remaining nodes loose connectivity with the disabled
node. But when I plug the node back into the network, the other nodes
do NOT reestablish their connections with the now-restored node. I do
not see exceptions in the logs after I restore the lost nodes
network. I assumed that because I was using multicast discovery that
once announcements resumed the connections would be restablished. Any
ideas what I could be doing wrong?

My configuration is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0" xmlns:amq="http://
activemq.org/config/1.0">
         <amq:broker persistent="true" id="broker" brokerName="$
{node.id}MQ" useJmx="true">

         <amq:persistenceAdapter>
      	    <amq:kahaPersistenceAdapter dir="#dataDir"
maxDataFileLength="33554432" />
         </amq:persistenceAdapter>

         <amq:transportConnectors>
             <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://${mq.broker.address}:$
{mq.broker.port}" />
             <amq:transportConnector uri="vm://${node.id}MQ" />
         </amq:transportConnectors>

         <amq:networkConnectors>
             <amq:networkConnector uri="multicast://$
{mq.broker.multicast.address}:${mq.broker.multicast.port}"/>
         </amq:networkConnectors>

     </amq:broker>

     <!-- Directories relative to web app -->
     <bean id="servletContext"
class="org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextFactoryBean
" />
     <bean id="dataDir" class="org.springframework.web.util.WebUtils"
factory-method="getRealPath">
         <constructor-arg ref="servletContext" />
         <constructor-arg value="/amq-data" />
     </bean>

</beans>