activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ports internally used by active Mq
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 04:12:15 GMT
On 5/1/07, Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru) <sukoneru@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hello Active Mq Users ,
>                       Our application currently uses active mq 4.0.1
> version. We use an embedded broker  along with durable subscribers and
> topic publishers.
>
> Active MQ also uses ports internally which are not configurable, these
> ports are randomly allocated.

On the broker side, the ports are well defined in the activemq.xml
(the <transportConnector> elements) - plus JMX often creates an RMI
port.

On the client side, available ports are used by the TCP stack as a
client side TCP socket is opened; these are not configured, the OS
takes care of it.

--
James
-------