activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [camel] using camel spring container
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:24:31 GMT
On 4/29/07, dr.jeff <jlansing@systechnologies.com> wrote:
> I have tried and completely failed to use the camel spring container.
>
> I see where it can do two things:
>
> 1) create a context which instantiates RouteBuilders in a given package:
>   <bean id="camel" class="org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean">
>     <property name="packages" value="org.apache.camel.spring.example"/>
>   </bean>
> I can't even guess what the need for that is, unless it's just a shortcut
> for declaring those RouteBuilders in the xml.

Bingo! :)

> 2) create RouteBuilders in xml:
>     <routeBuilder id="buildSimpleRoute"
> xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/camel-1.0.xsd">
>        <route>
>          <from uri="queue:a"/>
>          <to uri="queue:b"/>
>        </route>
>     </routeBuilder>
> That seems more useful, since I can get the routes and add them to a
> CamelContext, like this:
>         container = new DefaultCamelContext();
>         //or: container = SpringCamelContext.springCamelContext(ctx);
>         Map<String, RouteBuilder> map = ctx.getBeansOfType(RouteBuilder.class);
>         Iterator<RouteBuilder> iter = map.values().iterator();
>         List<Route> routes = new ArrayList<Route>();
>         while(iter.hasNext()) {
>                 RouteBuilder builder = iter.next();
>                 try {
>                         routes.addAll(builder.getRouteList());
>                 } catch (Exception e) {
>                         log.error(e);
>                 }
>         }
>         container.addRoutes(routes);
>         container.start();
>
> The problem is, the routes don't work.

Doing this by hand, you need to make sure you inject the context into
the RouteBuilder.

You could instead do...

container.addRoutes(builder);

which will probably fix your issue.

Note that if you are using a spring.xml file you can just use the
CamelContextFactoryBean directly then when you look up your
CamelContext it will have all the routes configured...
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/camel-spring/src/test/resources/org/apache/camel/spring/routingUsingCamelContextFactoryTest.xml

there's a test case that shows this working...
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/camel-spring/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/spring/RoutingUsingCamelContextFactoryTest.java

--
James
-------