activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: temporary queue in store and forward environment
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:33:57 GMT
On 4/25/07, DavidR <david.rosenstark@corp.idt.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> we are trying to use ActiveMQ clustering using store and forward.

If you want clustering (high availability and failover of brokers) you
really should use Master/Slave instead of Networks...

http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html

> we see that when we use temporary queues and then try to delete the queue we
> get an error message: "Destination still has an active subscription".
> Browsing the queues in JMX, we see that the temporary queue message was only
> picked up on one of the machines and not the other and that seems to be the
> reason the delete is failing. Is this a bug?

It could be.

> Additionally, is it necessary to delete the queue or can we rely on it
> getting cleaned up?

It should get cleaned up when the connection goes away

> As for the configuration, we saw what James wrote that he did not recommend
> store and forward if in the same LAN but we do not see too many good
> possibilities:
> 1. JDBC master slave -- uses a lot of CPU on the database
> 2. regular Master Slave, as documented, is quite difficult to restore if
3. shared file system...

Well if you don't want to replicate messages to another store, you
don't even need networks-of-brokers - just running separate brokers is
fine. The only thing networks of brokers buy you is the ability to
move messages from one broker to another which you may or may not
want.

--
James
-------