activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When will 4.2 become stable ?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:15:29 GMT
On 4/25/07, DomG <dgloaguen@road-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi All, and in particular James,
>
> In a previous post
> (http://www.nabble.com/Active-MQ-4.2-tf3396877s2354.html#a9457615), you have
> mentioned that 4.2 was going to be made stable in a month or so (mid March
> 07).

I've been using 4.2 a fair bit and its pretty much stable now. There's
most of the features in it that are going to be there; just a few
things to add before getting ready for the next major release.

> I have also read that the 4.2 branch was potentially going to become a 5.x
> version (that a Feb07 post mind you).

Yeah - thats just a rename really as 4.2 is not backwards compatible
with 4.1 clients in OpenWire (its a new OpenWire version) and along
with the move to Java 5, the 4.2 release will be renamed 5.0 I think

> I am still unsure as to whether we should be
> going for 4.2 or 4.1.1. Obviously, we prefer to go with stable cuts.
>
> I would like to go with 4.2, mainly because of the WEB Console functionality
> in there.

Yeah I hear you. If you're in development you might wanna go with 4.2
as it should be out in a month or two - but if you are in production
you probably wanna stick on 4.1.1 for a few months until the 4.2/5.0
release is out.

--
James
-------