activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:12:12 GMT
On 4/24/07, Peter Steil <petelocke@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using release 4.1.1 and I am wondering whether or not TopicConnections are pooled
automatically somehow.

No.

> I have quite a lot TopicPublisher who publish to different topics. Should I keep one
TopicConnection open and use it for all TopicSessions or should I open and close the connections
each time?

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-use-jms-efficiently.html

so typically use 1 connection and have a pool of consumers (maybe via
MDBs or Jencks or Springs MessageListenerContainers) then use a pool
of session/producers either through ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory
with Spring's JmsTemplate or just use one producer and synchronize on
it

http://cwiki.apache.org/ACTIVEMQ/how-do-i-send-messages-to-different-destinations-from-a-single-messageproducer.html

--
James