activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Register ActiveMQ destinations in JNDI
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 07:32:21 GMT
On 4/3/07, Rama Casturi <rcasturi@transdyn.com> wrote:

> I am new to using ActiveMQ. I am trying to integrate ActiveMQ in our Spring
> application environment. I have been successful in running the broker
> (defined in the activemq.xml file on the classpath) in the embedded form as
> a spring bean in our application context. I am also able to create a
> connection factory bean using ActiveMQConnectionFactory as well as
> destination bean using the ActiveMQTopic classes as spring beans. I also am
> able to produce JMS messages and publish to my topic and also consume those
> messages (both producer and consumer are configured as spring beans using
> Spring's JMS support classes).
>
> Now I want to be able to configure the connection factory and my
> destinations in such a way that  I donot have to use the ActiveMQ specific
> classes in my spring bean definitions.

You mean you want to avoid ActiveMQ classes in your spring.xml? Why?
There's no ActiveMQ packages in your source code, surely thats enough?

> I want to be able to JNDI to
> configure these objects and then discover them in my spring application
> using spring's JndiObjectFactoryBean.

I really don't see the point of adding another level of indirection; a
spring.xml is enough IMHO

> I am trying to understand the use of the jndi.properties file, but cannot
> see where it is used and who uses it to instantiate and bind those objects
> in JNDI.
>
> I would appreciate any help on this subject.

See the following for how to configure an ActiveMQ JNDI context
http://activemq.apache.org/jndi-support.html

--

James
-------