activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Harry Co" <harryco.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.0.2 and JMSXGroupID. Is the functionnality broken?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:22:08 GMT
Hi James,
Thanks again for your help.
I've tried out message groups over queue. That's OK!
But I really need to get work on TOPIC.
I've tried VirtualTopic, but still can't get it wotk.

My broker config is as follow:
<broker brokerName="localhost" useJmx="true" xmlns="
http://activemq.org/config/1.0" useVirtualTopics="true">
    <destinationInterceptors>
      <virtualDestinationInterceptor>
        <virtualDestinations>
          <virtualTopic name=">" prefix="Consumer.*."/>
        </virtualDestinations>
      </virtualDestinationInterceptor>
    </destinationInterceptors>
</broker>

Producers publish on TOPIC "*VirtualTopic*.GONE_FISHING" messages splited on
distinct groups ('Victoria' or 'Tanganika').
Consumers wait fro messages on QUEUE "Consumer."+*this*.connection
.getClientID()+".VirtualTopic.GONE_FISHING"
I set clientIDs to match distinct groups (i.e: 'Victoria' or 'Tanganika').

With that config, *all consumers still receive all messages*.

I'm certainly wrong somewhere, but where????

Any idea?

TIA

Harry