activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Garner, Shawn" <shawn.gar...@vangent.com>
Subject RE: DefaultMessageListenerContainer + not remove messages until processed
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:22:10 GMT
This article told me in my case I should use Jencks since I'm using JMS
Template in a non-EJB container.

http://activemq.apache.org/jmstemplate-gotchas.html

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:19 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: DefaultMessageListenerContainer + not remove messages until
processed

On 4/4/07, Garner, Shawn <shawn.garner@vangent.com> wrote:
> I put a org.springframework.jms.connection.JmsTransactionManager on
the
> DefaultMessageListenerContainer but all this does is roll back any
> changes I made after consuming the message.
>
> I am also using the org.jencks.factory.TransactionManagerFactoryBean
and
> org.jencks.factory.ConnectionManagerFactoryBean since I'm in Tomcat
> without any EJB layer.
>
> It does not put the message back into the queue like I want.
>
> How do you enable client-acknowledge mode?

See the spring javadoc on how to enable ack modes or transactional
consumption.

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/api/org/springframew
ork/jms/listener/DefaultMessageListenerContainer.html

also note that the Spring listener containers don't use JCA so there's
no real point using Jencks; just use the spring transaction manager
abstraction

--

James
-------