activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmaxo <cm...@engineer.com>
Subject message redelivery
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:04:11 GMT

I'm using the activemq-cpp client with the stomp protocol to both produce and
consume messages.  Sometimes my consumer process will crash before I get a
chance to acknowledge the message.  However, when the consumer is restarted
the message doesn't seem to get resent; only new messages are received.  I
use / set the JMSGroupID in the header of the message when I produce it
which works great but I wonder if it is causing unacknowledged messages not
to show up.

Any ideas?  Is there a way from the client for me to query for messages that
are older than some time delta? Or, a way to tell if a message is being
redelivered?  Ideally I'd like to set things up so that the Message Queue
tries to redeliver the message and gives up after a few tries.  The
documentation on this page
http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html  implies
that this is possible but I can't figure out how to set this up with the c++
client.

Thanks again,
Corey