activemq-users mailing list archives

From samd <sdoyl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ TextMessage to GlassFish Queue
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 23:55:42 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> On 4/6/07, samd <sdoyle_2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have a standalone ActiveMQ client which I'm trying to get to send a
>> TextMessage to a GlassFish queue
>
> Unfortunately the ActiveMQ client only talks to ActiveMQ queues;
> there's no GlassFish queue support.
>

>> so that it can be consumed by a MDB. What
>> is the procedure required to do this? I tried using the standard
>> mechanism
>> of:
>>
>> String  serverUrl="tcp://<host>:<port>/";
>> ActiveMQConnectionFactory factory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(
>> serverUrl
>> );
>> QueueConnection queueConnection =
>> ((QueueConnectionFactory)factory).createQueueConnection();
>> QueueSession  senderSession =
>> queueConnection.createQueueSession(false,Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>> Queue requestQueue = senderSession.createQueue("testQueue");
>>
>>  QueueSender sender = senderSession.createSender(requestQueue);
>>  queueConnection.start();
>>
>> This doesn't appear to work.
>
> Could you give us a clue as to what actually happens?
>
> --
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Hi,

Thanks for your response, well I guess then that answers the question that
it can only speak to ActiveMQ Queues. I was hoping that there would be some
common standard format but I guess that isn't the case.
Could you recommend the quickest way I could go about getting something up
and running in the described scenario where I need to send a TextMessage
from a ActiveMQ client to a GlassFish Queue?

Thanks, S.D.