activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Morrow 2 <tim.mor...@gmail.com>
Subject Forking activemq with maven plugin
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:51:43 GMT

Hi,

I'm in the process of automating my container tests, part of which includes
spinning up an ActiveMQ instance for the duration of running the tests.

I found the maven plugin and it works great for starting ActiveMQ, the
problem being that it blocks the Maven build process.  I'd like to be able
to fork it, continue with the maven build, then kill it when I'm done.
Similar problems occur with other plugins, for example Jetty.  However, I
can run Jetty using Cargo, which has an option to fork.

I don't _think_ Maven provides a way of doing this.  Is there a way to
coerce ActiveMQ, when run from the Maven plugin, to fork?

There are plenty of other solutions, of course.
* I could simply run ActiveMQ from maven as a java class, but I can't seem
to find if there is a main class with AMQ 4.x
* I could create a Spring config that boots an embedded broker and write a
small Main class to startup Spring (does anyone know if there is such a
class in Spring already)

Is there a link to the source code of the maven plugin?  I'd like to see the
source of BrokerMojo, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Tim