activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Bobba" <ram...@transerainc.com>
Subject Memory Usage
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 05:16:10 GMT
Hi,

I have 4 consumers - 2 durable and 2 non durable. What I am observing is
that when a durable consumer is down, none of the other consumers get
data! I am using 4.1.1. I am also observing that when a consumer is
down, the memory keeps increasing. The memoryManager element does not
seem to have any effect on this. I also tried with journalJDBC turned
off but still the same behavior. If I start the consumer before the
server runs out of memory, memory starts to drop immediately.

What is using this memory up? Is there a way to tell the broker to not
store messages in memory and to use the datastore? Our requirements are
not that stringent on performance.

Ramesh.