activemq-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Gradecak <dan...@gradecak.com>
Subject are dispatch policies also made for queues?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:48:54 GMT
Hello,

I would like to dispatch messages to queue "listeners (receivers)" with
different policies. As it is guaranteed for topics (
http://activemq.apache.org/total-ordering.html ),
I would like to plug some policies such as "less messages read" for
example, meaning that the message will be delivered to a receiver that
has read the less messages.
Is that also possible to know if a receiver is ready to receive the next
message? For example imagine that there is 10 messages in the queue and
there is only 2 receivers,
receiver 1 gets a message and untill the session is not commited or
rolledback, the receiver 1 should not get any other messages. Is it
possible with ActiveMQ and does it make sense to you guys?

Another question is, if activemq alows to somehow reorder a queue? Lets
say, there is 10 messages agin in the queue, and someone (an admin guy)
sees there is a message from a VIP
client, and says O.K, this messages needs to go on the top of the queue.

Please help me to sort this out, because i can not find this in the docs.

Regards,
Daniel