activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Hariani <g.activ...@blackspark.com>
Subject Re: what's the meaning of transportConnector and networkConnector ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:27:23 GMT
 From what I understand -

Transport Connector: An end point which clients (or other brokers) can
connect to. This is what you use as the connection URI in clients.
Network Connector: A remote end point at another broker, which this
broker will connect to.

You can certainly replace 'localhost' with an IP address in the uri's --
for Transport Connectors this IP will have to be that of the host.
e.g. you could have a TransportConnector accepting connections on a
specific IP address (useful for multi-honed hosts) or one
TransportConnector for each network interface your host has.
For Network Connector you WILL replace 'localhost' with the remote
host's name/IP address (unless you are running multiple brokers on the
same host)

DiscoveryURI - is to allow other brokers to discover this
TransportConnector using multicast.