activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tim.b...@sensis.com>
Subject Re: When do you use "content-length"
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:05:40 GMT
Text messages do not get the content-length header as you know that a
string will not contain any nulls you can assume that the terminating
null is the only one you will find in a text message.  The bytes message
does use the content length header as the payload could contain any
number of nulls.  The broker and the various clients use this
distinction to determine when a message is text or bytes.

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 14:36 +0800, Dingwen Yuan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am now coding a delphi control for stomp client. I noticed that under SEND or MESSAGE
frame, there exists a Header "content-length". But when I set the this header of a SEND frame
to byte count of the BODY, an error simply occurred on a subscribing client, like follows: