activemq-users mailing list archives

From DavidR <david.rosenst...@corp.idt.net>
Subject Re: temporary queue in store and forward environment
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:05:51 GMT

Ok, so if we go back to Master Slave, then we have the following issue:
Currently we are using the JDBC Master Slave but we see this uses a lot of
CPU.
So, we would want to go to pure Master Slave.
So, can you help us understand the following: It says in the docs that if
one goes down "A failed master cannot be re-introduced without shutting down
the the slave broker". Can it be re-introduced as a slave without any
restart of the running queue? Also, if the slave had items in the queue not
processes and then came up as slave, what would happen with those messages?

Thanks,
David