activemq-users mailing list archives

From DavidR <david.rosenst...@corp.idt.net>
Subject temporary queue in store and forward environment
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:00:57 GMT

Hi,
we are trying to use ActiveMQ clustering using store and forward.
we see that when we use temporary queues and then try to delete the queue we
get an error message: "Destination still has an active subscription".
Browsing the queues in JMX, we see that the temporary queue message was only
picked up on one of the machines and not the other and that seems to be the
reason the delete is failing. Is this a bug?
Additionally, is it necessary to delete the queue or can we rely on it
getting cleaned up?

As for the configuration, we saw what James wrote that he did not recommend
store and forward if in the same LAN but we do not see too many good
possibilities:
1. JDBC master slave -- uses a lot of CPU on the database
2. regular Master Slave, as documented, is quite difficult to restore if
master goes down

Any suggestions are welcome.

David