activemq-users mailing list archives

From balahura <>
Subject Broker not dispatching messages
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:55:58 GMT

Description of setup:

OS: Redhat Linux 2.6.9-42.0.8.ELsmp
ActiveMQ 4.1.1

We have a 5 server configuration where initially we were going to run
the activemq broker on 2 machines and have the other 3 connect to
those accordingly.

We were using a connection url like the following:

The failover portion indicates to activemq to automatically reconnect
should network interruptions occur.  All our producer / consumer
objects extend a connection which remains constant throughout the
operation.  If the network is interrupted the connection does indeed
reconnect and continue when the network returns.

We've configured the broker to only use an openwire connector (ssl and
stomp are disabled)

Description of problem:

After several hours (between 7 and 12 hours), it seems as if the
broker port disappears and messages produced just go nowhere.
Consumers continue to run, however never consuming anything.  They
indication the connection is find and they are waiting on the queue.
No errors ever occur in either producer, consumer or broker.

We have changed the config slightly with seeming success.  Instead of
running two brokers, we now run 5.  One on every machine, with the
multicast auto discovery system enabled. Every producer / consumer now
connects to localhost instead.

This is also very acceptable, however we would like to know why a
sustained connection cannot be maintained to a local area network

Thanks for any support!