activemq-users mailing list archives

From "dr.jeff" <jlans...@systechnologies.com>
Subject [camel] Comments on MINA coment
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:15:30 GMT

I was attracted to Camel by the existance of the MINA component, but I now
see that it has some deficiencies.
Very generally there can be 4 kinds of MINA endpoints:
1) acceptors ("server sockets", that accept connections) that initiatiate
request/responses,
2) acceptors that wait for requests (eg, HTTP servers),
3) listeners (i.e., connection initiators) that initiatiate
request/responses (eg. HTTP clients), and
4) listeners that that connect, then wait for requests, and then respond.
It would be nice if Camel could provide a transparent easy-to-use way to
plug and play with any of these four.