activemq-users mailing list archives

From prylance <pryla...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: JDBC support for Oracle TimesTen
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:09:29 GMT

TimesTen uses a JDBC-ODBC bridge. There's a driver class called
com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenDriver, and a data source class called
com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenDataSource.

We have managed to get this working .. almost. We added a
TimesTenJDBCAdapter thus:

public class TimesTenJDBCAdapter extends BytesJDBCAdapter {

    public void setStatements(Statements statements) {
        statements.setBinaryDataType("VARBINARY(4000000)");
        super.setStatements(statements);
    }

}

... then we added a resource file to specify the adapter class:

class=org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.TimesTenJDBCAdapter

The only problem is that on startup activeMQ fails to create its 3 tables.
So we created them manually in our db, using the following:

CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS(ID INTEGER NOT NULL, CONTAINER VARCHAR(250),
MSGID_PROD VARCHAR(250), MSGID_SEQ INTEGER, EXPIRATION BIGINT, MSG
VARBINARY(4000000), PRIMARY KEY ( ID ) );
CREATE INDEX ACTIVEMQ_MSGS_MIDX ON ACTIVEMQ_MSGS (MSGID_PROD,MSGID_SEQ);
CREATE INDEX ACTIVEMQ_MSGS_CIDX ON ACTIVEMQ_MSGS (CONTAINER);
CREATE INDEX ACTIVEMQ_MSGS_EIDX ON ACTIVEMQ_MSGS (EXPIRATION);
CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_LOCK( ID BIGINT NOT NULL, TTIME BIGINT, BROKER_NAME
VARCHAR(250), PRIMARY KEY (ID) );

>From there on it seems to work.

Pete