activemq-users mailing list archives

From "dr.jeff" <>
Subject [camel] How to use consumers producers
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:47:30 GMT

I have a SOAP client component that I am hooking up like this:
(This is part of a bigger flow that is pulling in messages from a socket and
putting them in the request queue, then looking at the responses and making
decisions about eg. getting more messages.)
The way I have gotten this to work is to make something that implements
Consumer<Exchange>, Producer<Exchange>, saves the processor from
createConsumer(), and does this:
	public void process(Exchange exchange) {
		Message in = exchange.getIn();
		Object request = in.getBody();
		Object response = clientPort.someOperation(request); //call the SOAP
service here
		Exchange exchange2 = endpoint.createExchange();
	                Message out = exchange2.getIn();
This all works, but it can't be right. What happened to getOut() for the
first exchange? I't just ignored here.
Surely I'm missing the intended way to use these components.