activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjparme <>
Subject Request/Response with JMS
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:32:02 GMT

This may be more of a general JMS question rather than Active MQ, but
hopefully people will help me out anyway. I read this doc:

Seems easy enough except how do I create a MessageProducer that is not
associated with a Destination? The JavaDoc for MessageProducer evens
mentions you can use a producer without a destination to implement

"A client also has the option of creating a message producer without
supplying a destination. In this case, a destination must be provided with
every send operation. A typical use for this kind of message producer is to
send replies to requests using the request's JMSReplyTo destination."

However, I don't see any method that lets me create a MessageProducer
without associating it with a Destination. The only Session method I see is
createProducer() and it takes a Destination parameter. So how do I create a
message Producer that isn't associated with a Destination so I can set the
Destination on every send?