activemq-users mailing list archives

From agrabil <greg.ra...@ins.com>
Subject Confusion with simple network of brokers test
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:54:28 GMT

I am testing what I believe to be a very simple network of brokers scenario
that I can't seem to figure out.  I have two brokers:

Broker A has a tcp transport connector for itself, but no network connectors
defined.
Broker B has a tcp transport connector for itself, and a network connector
to the tcp port at broker A's IP address

After starting both brokers, I see the TCP connection established
successfully between the two.

If I use the ProducerTool to publish messages to MyQueue on Broker A, and I
have run the ConsumerTool on Broker B, I don't receive any messages from
MyQueue.  Instead, I have to connect the consumer directly to Broker A to
consume these messages.

However, if I reverse the test, and I use the ProducerTool to publish
messages to MyQueue on Broker B, and I run the ConsumerTool on Broker A, I
*do* receive the messages.

It seems once the two brokers are connected, I should be able to do this
sort of thing in either direction.  Am I missing something?  Or, can someone
explain why messages only seem to flow to other brokers in the direction
that network connectors are established?

Thanks,
Greg