activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data size bigger than max size for this type
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:45:20 GMT
On 3/30/07, ron55test <rknr55@gmail.com> wrote:

> The column is of type blob.
> This is what the table structure is as created by activemq:
>   CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS"
>    (    "ID" NUMBER(32,0) NOT NULL ENABLE,
>         "CONTAINER" VARCHAR2(250),
>         "MSGID_PROD" VARCHAR2(250),
>         "MSGID_SEQ" NUMBER(32,0),
>         "EXPIRATION" NUMBER,
>         "MSG" BLOB,
>          PRIMARY KEY ("ID")
> )

It looks like the BLOB type is 4Gb long
http://www.ss64.com/orasyntax/datatypes.html

so I'm not sure thats the problem. I suspect it may be due to the  way
in which the JDBC code works with the BLOB column type. This article
appears to suggest that the preferred way to work with Oracle BLOBs is
using the Blob type
http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/1370

so I've patched trunk of the Oracle adapter to use this approach
instead. Any chance you could build trunk and see if this fixes your
issue?

I've raised this issue to track the issue

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/