activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] Broker issue regarding queue
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:03:13 GMT
On 3/14/07, garima015 <garima_indiya@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> when i am manually shutting down the broker 1 my application is getting
> connected to second broker
> but console of first broker is showing exception.It does not have a clean
> exit
> WARN  DemandForwardingBridge         - Caught exception from local start
> java.io.IOException: Transport disposed.
>
> Is it a kind of problem.

No - just a timing issue, nothing to worry about.

> How much usually application should take to resume the connection to second
> broker upon failure of first.

A client should reconnect to another broker after the broker has died
within a second; assuming that the client can detect the socket has
died. On some platforms it can take hours or days for the OS to notify
a process that the socket has died; if so you might want to use an
inactivity timeout (which is set to 30 seconds by default)
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

--

James
-------