activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: embedded network of brokers
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:59:11 GMT
On 3/14/07, Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru) <> wrote:
> Hello Active Mq Users ,
>                Can we have an embedded network of brokers ?

Sure, though there's little point having more than one broker in a JVM

> Our
> application uses embedded broker started by a servlet context listener.
> The servlet context listener is started by Tomcat 5.5.20
> To provide HA of brokers , just in case the embedded broker goes down .

A broker only really goes down if a JVM dies; so there's no real need
for mutliple brokers within a JVM.

BTW for HA you need Master/Slave rather than a store and forward
network of brokers.
I've updated this FAQ entry to make things a bit more clear

View raw message